10/27/2008

Ministry and Mangos



Well, today I had my first Bolivian mango. It was wonderful! It was a lot more stringy than the ones that I've had in the US, but the flavor was so much better. I think that there are a lot of different types of mangos here, so I'm sure I'll get to try a non-stringy one too.




The last few days have been really good for me. I have been trying to decide and pray about what I'm going to do with my time here. It's been a good yet hard thing that there is a lot of need in the orphanages now. At least three of them that Heather is connected with are understaffed, so they could use me to come and take over a shift or two a week. I also found out today that I could teach an English class at one of the orphanages. I spent some time at Talita Cumi, which is an orphanage that houses boys and girls today. I was on the boys' side, and I had so much fun! I am not completely sure what I'm going to do yet, but I am excited for whatever I will do!




Praise God also that my Spanish has been improving! I am so thankful that I can understand a lot of what the kids say to me now, although I'm still really struggling sometimes. It really comes and goes right now. Everyday, though, is a little better




Highlights...




Going to Mi Gumi, a girls' home that houses twelve girls, and having all of them remember me. Ana, the littlest one, said that she cried when Samantha and I left last time.




Singing in church...our worship band is amazing!




Seeing cute faces like these.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!