|Toasting the day with sparkling grape juice|
Our Thanksgiving was nothing too special—we went to my brother and sister-in-law’s house and had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry, and pumpkin pie. The basics.
Highlights of the day were:
- Waking up and using my parents’ new juicer. Our juice consisted of celery, carrot, orange, apple, lime, cranberry, broccoli, cumcumber, ginger, and more I think. Deeeelicious!
- Getting to see my grandpa. He just moved into retirement housing, and this was his first holiday without my beautiful Grandma Kay. We all missed her.
- Todd and Nicole had prepared a beautiful antipasto which is a tradition in our family (because of our Italian relatives) that I had completely forgotten about. It was beautiful, and we all got to finish putting it together. Eat with delicious French bread that my mom brought made for a perfect appetizer.
- After we prayed, we all went around and said what we were thankful for. I, of course, was thankful to be in the States. My brother made a nice speech about being thankful for family that almost made me cry.
- Watching the Packer game!!! My first full game since before I left for Bolivia (although I am required to keep up on the stats if I want to have significant conversations around here).
- Going home and unpacking Christmas decorations with my mom and dad.
What a wonderful day!