12/13/2008

Last week



My last week has been full of fun things, so I thought I'd share a few:




1. I got to sing in the worship team for my church here! It has always been something that I've wanted to do, because the worship at my church here is so amazing! Amazing musically and spiritually. So it was like a dream come true.




2. On Friday I baked cookies with two of the older boys at Talita Cumi and one of the tios (helpers) at our house. It was great because they are 12 and 13 years old, and cooking with them anyway is great fun, so cooking with them in my house was a treat for them and me. We made brownie cookies and they turned out very well. :)




3. I went to a graduation party and a graduation ceremony. It was cool because it was such a cultural experience to see how they do things here and to be a part of this culture is just cool. For example, at the ceremony, everyone sits around at tables and chats during the speeches and the diplomas, then after every graduate's family serves their guests a fancy meal right there. They have to bring their food and their chairs and their tables and everything.




4. Today Heather and I went to an art sale, and Mariam ( my foreign exchange sister that we had from Bolivia) and her mom were there. It was so great to see them, and we're going to hang out before I leave, which makes me happy.




So that's just a small taste of my week. I promise I'll add more my last two weeks here than I have been.
This is just a cute face I can't leave out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!