12/04/2010

Keeping Busy

Christmas without family will be hard, no doubt about it.  My strategy for not getting homesick, though, is to fully experience the Bolivian Christmas season and fully be present here so that I'm not missing things back home so much.


December has started, and suddenly there are plenty of things to keep me busy.  On Thursday my kids earned a party in art with my good friend, DPo (or Miss Potter), who teaches them.  Check out their excellent fruit sculpture creations that they made!






Miss Potter with my great artists!
Another highlight was getting to go to a high school graduation for one of the boys at our church with Heather last night.  Here we are at the big event.
I'm already sporting a new shirt from Abby!
Today Heather and I are off to a ladies' church event and then I have practice for the Christmas drama.  God is good to keep me busy, and I pray that in my busyness I will have time to reflect on why we make this season something to celebrate.


Verse I've been dwelling on (pun intended):


The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.  We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!