I apologize for the absence. I was teaching and a part of my mission's conference last week, so there was not time to write. This weekend I was so overwhelmed with things that I wanted to say that nothing came out at all. So, I'll do highlights of the last week or so, then I'll pick a few things that I really want to say and post longer posts about those, maybe even tonight. I feel as though I could write forever right now.
- I feel like God has given me some direction for my future! Not an exact path, maybe, but some fog may be clearing.
- Teaching has not been easy since I last posted, but God is sustaining me with joy and hope by the power of His Spirit (Romans 15:13) daily.
- I have decided to make Romans 15:13 the theme of my year. See above for why.
- I gave my students valentines, and saw how if I were not single this year God could not have used me in the same ways that He has.
- I have been very encouraged from home. Dr. Storm sent me Missing-the-Snow medication, a family from my camp made me a wonderful video, and my mom and dad both have been so supportive all year that I really just want to hug them repeatedly.
- God reminded me why I am so passionate about all nations hearing His good news.
- The Packers WON THE SUPERBOWL! I cried through the first quarter because I missed my dad and tradition, but then was blissfully distracted by activity around me. I am blessed to have been able to watch it.
- After a wonderful Christmas break of kicking my coffee habit, I have grudgingly returned to daily doses. One day last week I had three cups in one day (so terrible for me!). I will be trying for more sleep and less coffee.
So much more to say, so little time. Joyfully serving God here in Bolivia!