I am an official Greek student! Last night I started taking a weekly class through my church’s school. I can’t express how nice it was to sit at a table and waited calmly for my teacher to start the class—no responsibilities and I got to be the student. Teaching last year made me appreciate my moments as the student so much more.
Here are some reasons that I am taking this class:
- I want to know God better, and reading His word in its original language is a good way to do that
- If I become a Bible translator this class will not not only helpful but essential
- As a linguist I am excited to know Greek for two reasons
1. Professional development
2. When asked me how many languages I speak I don’t have to say “only two” anymore!
- This class is a great way to know people at my church and become more involved
- I feel as though God is calling me here
Over the next nine months you will hopefully see me refer to the Greek I’m learning once in a while. I hope and pray that the new things I learn about God through this class will permeate all areas of my life.