1/16/2011

Prayer Works

Heather and I have the privilege of having our cousin, Anton, visit us from Texas.  He's here for about two weeks shooting a documentary about Heather's work here, and it has been amazingly encouraging to have a visit from "home."  
Taking Anton and our friend Sammy to the zoo!


Today, he reminded me of a verse that I try to live in light of, although the exact words are not always in my mind.  James 4:2 says, "You do not have, because you do not ask." It is true, true, true that God answers prayer.  He doesn't tell us to pray to Him only because He wants to hear from us or only so that He receives our praise (although those things are both important).  He also tell us to go to Him and make our requests known (Phil 4:6-7).


Thank you for making your requests know to God for my class!  God has been answering your prayers!  Are my students perfect?  Not quite.  But I see ways that God has answered directly some of the specific things that I asked prayer for about my individual students.  I also have felt prayers in that I am more peaceful and joyful about the upcoming four months. Please keep those prayers coming!  These cute kids thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!