4/22/2011

Good. Friday.

Following Jesus is full of paradoxes.  Why do we call the day that our Savior died good?  I know the answer to that question- His death saves us from His wrath.  But when I started thinking about that this morning, I was blown away.  At the same time that I'm mourning Jesus' sinless death I am rejoicing in freedom to stand before Him.  I started thinking what it would be like to live under God's wrath rather than His love.  I can't really imagine it, but even the thought scares me.


I'm so glad that the story of Jesus doesn't end with His death, but it's good that we have a day that makes us feel the weight of His sacrifice. It's good for us to remember where we would be without it.


What do you think about on Good Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!