4/28/2011

Thankful for- Supporters

They couldn’t properly prepare for this.  I was not the missionary who was able to come, set up a little table at eight different churches, and give a little presentation wearing traditional clothing and bringing a cute little Bolivian guitar to entertain the kiddies.  No one got taken out to coffee to talk with me about the possibility of “coming alongside” my ministry.

 

They just got the news that I had stayed.  They maybe read my letter, or my emails, or just maybe they heard me talk nearly three months after the fact.  But my supporters, they obeyed God’s call in coming alongside me anyway.  I am very grateful to God for the people who have supported me financially this year.

 

It’s been a good year of trusting.  I have not always known where my food and housing money for the next months were going to come from, but God has been providing through people faithful to His call at just the right moments all year.  He has had a plan all along, and I have learned a lot about waiting to see what that plan is.

 

If you have supported me this year- thank you!  God has used you to meet a very real need.  I would not be here without His provision, which came through you.  Through your gifts, you have impacted not only my life but the lives of twenty fifth graders.  He is faithful.

 

And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

- Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!