10/25/2010

Birthday Pics

I've had 4 birthday celebrations this year (plus an unexpected cake), each with a different group of people.  That is definitely the bummer of growing up in one place, putting down roots in another, then being abruptly relocated for a year.  However, with FOUR PARTIES (!!!!) it's also the bonus.


I'm missing the picture taken at one of my parties, but I'll explain each of them in chronological sequence.


October 10th: Brunch. WI.  My mom made the delightful salad that I mentioned earlier, and I enjoyed being with family and family friends.
October 10th: Evening. MN.  My friends (who I like to call my TC fam) in the Twin Cities took me out to Gandhi Mahal's, this amazing Indian restaurant.  The food was spectacular, and it was wonderful to just be with them.  Afterwards, we took some "family" pictures and celebrated with apple crisp and Dr. Quinn episodes.  
Enjoying the delicious food






This one accurately capures us

Oct. 11th: Airport.  FL. I bought myself Chinese food and Dr. Pepper to celebrate.  

Oct. 12th.  Classroom.  Bolivia.  My students surprised me with wonderful cupcakes and cards.  I was so grateful, and I love them a lot!  (Picture coming)


Oct. 13th.  Goodbye party for missionaries.  Bolivia.  The cake that I thought was the despedida cake was actually for me, and my church family sang Feliz Cumpleanos to me.  

Oct. 17th.  My house.  Bolivia.  We had a little "party," meaning that four people came over, and we watched Horton Hears a Who!  My roommate Adreana baked a delicious coconut cake for the occasion, and it was a great time!


So, have I enjoyed my birthday?  Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.  Thanks to everyone who helped make it a cross-continentally special!


The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
-Psalm 121:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!