10/02/2010

Reading

During my senior year of college, I relaxed by curling up on our couch-pulled-out-into-a-bed with my roommates and watched movies.  When I was at my parents house, I would chill with them in the living room watching Food Network.  At my house in Bolivia, there is no one to watch movies with, no cuddly couches, and definitely no Food Network.  So, I read.

I LOVE reading.  When I was growing up, my family joked that I would grow roots in the couch from the hours I spent devouring books.  However, college made me a lazy reader.  I skimmed textbooks and had little time for anything else.  I'm hoping that will change

I just finished a great book that I would recommend to anyone who likes South America, anthropology, or just a page-turning true story. 

The book gives an insider look at the Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia or FARC, through the eyes of three Americans who were captured and held in the jungles of Colombia beginning in 2003.  I couldn't put this book down the last few days, so now have about 5 hours to pack for my upcoming trip to the US, but I finished a great book!

1 comment:

  1. so i miss the food network as well, and if you ever need anyone to watch a movie with just let me know:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!